Thursday, April 10, 2014

What inspires you?

What encourages you to keep going? Is it a person? A pet? A goal? What provides you with inspiration?

Yesterday I got some of my favorite new book titles on perseverance and today my good friend shared this with me! Can you tell it's that time of year we are all trying to find the energy, courage, and determination to make it to summer? I for one I am finding coffee and chocolate a helpful strategy.

I love this video/article for grades 4up. It would be a great discussion question (perhaps in the form of a socratic seminar),  would be perfect for a small group, and I really love the idea of incorporating it into future lessons.

It's the story and video of a boxer who unfortunately had his rear legs amputated. It's inspirational and I love the thought provoking question the article ends with. What a good journal entry for morning meetings, small groups, and more.

Find it here:
http://tweentribune.com/tween56/two-legged-dog-inspires-two-legged-humans



No comments:

Post a Comment