Thursday, July 19, 2012

Two Truths, One Lie

This is one of the easiest and one of my favorite "get to know you" activities. I play it with at least one grade level at the start of every year, and they really enjoy it. Sometimes, I have classes say "Oh my teacher already played this," which I love because I respond with "Great, so you know how to play and how to behave during the game. This also means you have to think hard, because you can't use one you have already used."

Here are the the rules of the game:

Each person must think of three things about themselves. Two of these things are true and one is a lie.  They should be fun things that they think people don't know about themselves.
Next, each person gets a chance to read his/her three things, while the rest of the class practices their listening skills and then we vote on which one was the lie.


Let's play! Which one is my lie???????


1) I have flown a plane.
2) I am not a US citizen.
3) One of my favorite vacations was to Seattle.




(*note : I would recommend having them write it down, because in the heat of the game sometime students forget or have the urge to jump and change their ideas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment